Saturday, March 22, 2008

two days before....

new york New York NEW YORK!!!!

I cant believe im here,


I arrived at 9am Thursday morning my friend Matt was a hour late picking me up, He was stuck in traffic. I come into most situations not having much to any expectations, because that way I’m not ever disappointed, it works wonders for me.

Matt got me a room at the Marriott to stay at for two nights its was awesome I thought I was just going to crash at his place.
Flying the red eye isn’t as good as I thought it would be, I could not sleep at all, I was able to take a nap once I got in to my hotel room, Matt had to go to work so I just relaxed enjoyed some cable television and got my energy back. Later that night we met up with his friends at a bar, they were all really nice they all talked to me made me feel comfortable and even one of them gave me a Long Island Out Back Pin it was my first souvenir. Matt and I sang karaoke to Sublimes, Wrong way and we did terrible. But all in all I had a good time and had a lot of fun meeting all of Matt’s friends and checking out what Long Island is like .

I was able to sleep in the next day. We got some really good breakfast sandwiches. So the plan for today was to go into the city “Manhattan” we took the 6:05pm train, it took about 40min to get there, we then Taxied to Time Square. It was amazing everything I imagined I cant wait to go back. We dined at The Planet Hollywood CafĂ© had a drink and bite to eat, we then waited for his friend Larry at Penn Station we got some beers browned bagged them and sat on the floor hung out bum style it was fun people watching. We got tired of waiting and headed to the Meat Packing District and went to a really fancy bar called Lotus I was definitely under dressed, but it was a neat experience the bar was so dark even the bathrooms were dark it was really classy. We had a drink and met up with Larry. We cabbed it to a bar called Off The Wagon this bar was really fun played good music a lot of 80’s-90’s hits. We then got the 2:30am train back to Long Island. This definitely was a good 1st night out in the city I got a slight taste of the night life and now I cant wait to go to my hostel tomorrow meet up with my classmates and get ready for a awesome week of art Art ART!!!

No comments: